​​​​​​​​​​​​​For general enquiries please contact:

Tel: (011) 723 1400 or (011) 921 6262; 

E-mail: ​

For media inquiries ONLY please contact Gopolang Peme at:

​E-mail: or ​


For authorised pictures, please access our Flickr account.


« back to news list
Thu 9 February 2012
ACSA consortium wins bid for Brazil’s busiest airport

Johannesburg, 7 February 2012 - Airports Company South Africa (ACSA) is pleased with the outcome of the competitive bid process for the expansion, maintenance and operation of Brazil’s busiest international airport Guarulhos in Sao Paolo.

ACSA, in partnership with Investimentos E Participacoes EM INFRA-ESTRUTURA S.A. (“Invepar”), will own 51% of Guarulhos International Airport concession, with Infraero owing the remaining 49%. ACSA will provide airport management through a technical service agreement to the concession.
“In addition, to the investment return on capital contributions, ACSA will be paid airport management fees. The next step is for the consortium partners to finalise the signing of the concession and other related agreements by May 2012. The concession is for a 20 year period,” said Bongani Maseko, ACSA’s Acting Managing Director.

The investment will be ring-fenced and will therefore not be funded by the South African aviation industry.

Some of the immediate tasks include preparing detailed operational plans for the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup, the Pope’s visit for the World Youth Day in 2013 and 2014 FIFA World Cup.
Maseko added: “This is a great opportunity for ACSA as we realize that in order to grow the ACSA business, ACSA has to look beyond South African borders, in particular we focusing on emerging markets India, Brazil and Africa.

“We managed to secure an opportunity in India a few years ago, we now have Brazil and are pursuing similar ventures in Africa. Winning the bid in Brazil will enhance ACSA’s brand and better position it in the market place as a serious participant in global airport investment and management.”

Maseko concluded by thanking the ACSA management team that lead the bidding process, the supportive shareholders in particular the Department of Transport and the Public Investment Corporation.

For  enquiries, contact:
Solomon Makgale
Group Manager: Communications
082 781 8863

Categories: Business