· PhD in Information Systems Knowledge Management from the University of South Africa (2018);
· Executive Leadership Development Programme from UNISA SBL (1999);
· Diploma Business Administration & Studies Program from WITS Business school l(1994);
· Master of Science from Keele University in the United Kingdom (1990);
· Diploma in French Language from Université De Clermont Ferrand (1987);
· Bachelor of Science from the University of the North (1984).
· Excellent written and Oral Communication Skills
· Analytical ability to visualize, articulate, and solve complex concepts
· Technical competency - understanding the technical aspects of the work well
· Project management
Other governing body positions
Other professional positions
- General Manager and Executive Director at DrTemp (Pty) Ltd
- Chief Executive Officer/Principal Consultant at Airventfil (Pty) Ltd
Dr. Kgabo H. Badimo is an Independent Non-Executive Director of the Board of Airports Company South Africa, a position she has held since 6 August 2020.
With 35 years' accumulative experience in the Private and Public Sectors, as well as Business and ICT Industries, Dr. Badimo is perfectly positioned to lend his expertise to the organisation. He has extensive experience in Executive Management, Information Communications and Technologies, Financial Management, Human Resources Management, and Business Development/Sales. He holds academic qualifications in Business and ICT, with a successful track record in Executive Management roles within the Banking, Defence, Rail, Mining, and ICT industries.
As a positive, proactive, and results-driven executive manager, Dr. Badimo has played a pivotal leadership role in many organisations. Some of his influential positions include CEO and Principal Consultant at Airventfil, Group Business Development Director at Ansys Ltd, Senior General Manager at Neotel, CEO/Divisional CEO at Spescom Ltd/Jasco Ltd, General Manager at SAP Africa, and Chief Executive/Divisional Manager at Denel Infoplan/SITA.
Dr. Badimo was instrumental in the management, design, development, and implementation of smartcard technology at First National Bank/Anglo American Corporation, where he worked as a Systems Analyst, Systems Architect, and IT Recruitment Manager. Presently, he is the General Manager and Executive Director for Dr Temp, the exclusive distributor of Traxit and NexTemp disposable clinical thermometers in Sub-Saharan Africa, as well as manufacturers of the O Clamp umbilical cord clamp, which is proudly made in South Africa.
Dr. Badimo has a strong background in the management of successful Business and ICT projects, R&D in Software Development, development and execution of successful ICT projects, Program and Project Management of huge and complex application systems, Management of extensive computer operations, and the achievement of profitable business growth through ICT Business Development strategies.
He is experienced in working with blue chip IT companies and leading brands (SAP, Oracle, IBM, Microsoft, Cisco, Avaya, Salesforce, etc) in the competitive ICT industry, with the primary focus on exceeding expectations for customer ICT service delivery whilst ensuring optimum technology impact.
Dr. Badimo has managed massive CAPEX and OPEX budgets for various organisations that he has worked for; applying sound financial management and principles including both PFMA and MFMA in accordance with the South African Standards of Generally Recognised Accounting Practice (GRAP).
He possesses excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills and enjoys being part of - as well as managing, motivating, and training - successful and productive teams, and thrives in highly pressurised and challenging working environments.