- Bachelor of Social Science (Honors) from the University of Cape Town, (1986)
- A Diploma in Marketing Management from Executive Education (1989)
- Certificate in Product Strategy and Brand Management from the Graduate School of Business Administration, Wits (1997)
- Diploma for successful participation in the Owner Value Program provided by BTS (1998)
- Masters of Business Administration from the University of South Africa, 1999, specialising in Advanced Corporate Science (2000)
- A Senior Executive Leadership Development Programme from Wits/Harvard Business School (2001)
- Admitted as a Member of the Institute of Business Advisors of Southern Africa, 2009
- Registered for the Advanced Certificate in Business Rescue, 2020
- Re-engineering Organizational Design
- Corporate Strategy Development and Business Planning
- Change Management and Stakeholder Management
- Marketing and Strategic Communications.
Other governing body positions
- Board Member of Land and Agriculture Bank of South Africa and sits in the following Committees:
- Chairman of the Life and Short-term Insurance Company
- Member of the Credit and Investment Committee
- Member of the Remuneration Committee
- Board Member of Hulisani Energy Limited
- Director and Chairman of Change EQ
Other professional positions
Dudu Hlatshwayo is an Independent Non-Executive Director of the Board of Airports Company South Africa, a position she has held since 6 August 2020. Ms. Hlatshwayo has a solid business management background and over 25 years of experience.
Her extensive experience in the corporate sector has seen her hold many powerful positions – as a Partner at Ernst & Young, Director in the Corporate Finance Division of Andisa Capital, a subsidiary of Standard Bank, and she spent time at both ABSA Bank and Telkom SA as a Product Manager. Additionally, as Group Executive at Transnet, she headed up the Restructuring, Mergers and Acquisitions Portfolio.
Ms. Hlatshwayo has skills in Corporate Finance, Business Process Re-Engineering, Organisational Design, Corporate Strategy Development and Business Planning, Change Management, as well as Programme and Project Management.
Ms. Hlatshwayo is passionate about building ethical and economically sustainable corporate organisations that are sensitive to the environment. Her impact and value-add have been felt in organisations where she has sat as a Non-Executive Director. These include the Public Investment Corporation, a state-owned enterprise with R2 trillion in assets, where she is a Non-Executive Director of the Board, sits on the Investment Committee, and chairs the Private Equity Fund.
Her other engagements include being a member of the Board of Pareto, one of the biggest black-owned property companies in South Africa. She also chairs the Remuneration and Nominations Committee.
Furthermore, she is a Board Member at the Land Bank of South Africa where she is Chairman of the Land Bank Insurance Company.
Ms. Hlatshwayo has been credited with integrity, self-confidence, fairness, and a profound faith in people. She has always believed that success, happiness, and the ability to drive yourself to your full potential lie within as a function of personal mastery. She encourages and teaches self-mastery and self-belief to a group of children under 12 years old, in her birth province of KwaZulu-Natal.
Beside sitting on various Boards, Ms. Hlatshwayo is also the Chief Executive Officer of a company that she founded in 2006 called Change EQ, an advisory firm that provides strategic advice to corporate organisations in South Africa.